Monday, July 30, 2007

Soothsayer in Surrey? Yell.com!

Frank has left us a sacred offering. I have spared you a photograph, although I was tempted.

The severed head of a small rodent and its expertly extracted intestines lie by the back door, awaiting interpretation by a handy haruspex.

Apparently, entrail reading is approximately as accurate as the polygraph test employed in the US legal system.

I put "soothsayer" into Yell.com. Surprisingly it gave me two results.

The first was for a vintage comic store in Glasgow. The second was for a CBT practitioner in Surrey!

Ms Melancholy? Any comments?

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Jon M said...

Our cat devours the whole lot except some weird little entraily bit which then has to be scraped off the doorstep, charming! Suppose it adds a whole new layer to 'contemplating your navel'

30 July, 2007 16:45  
Blogger Stray said...

Ah ... the caecum - essentially the bit next to / including the appendix, which is absolutely rammed with bacteria. Even Ruby won't eat that bit ... !

30 July, 2007 16:57  
Blogger XXYXX said...

Stray I think you'll find CBT can do anything: even foretell the future, oh yes. There's nothing it isn't clinically proved it can't do

31 July, 2007 14:00  
Blogger Stray said...

Bobo - you are spot on there sir. I have yet to see any kind of conclusive evidence that CBT can't turn water into wine either. I think you may be doing the wrong training sir ... ;)

31 July, 2007 14:21  
Blogger Who-me? said...

My cats left me a wonderful present of a small mouse expertly placed in my bed the other day.... how they must really love me! I am seeking CBT's magical and mystical powers to empower me to get over the shock!

31 July, 2007 23:08  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

QH5rEO The best blog you have!

02 November, 2007 02:18  

Post a Comment

<< Home