Monday, May 14, 2007

And the winner is ...

... omg Badger's post about tourette's has won post of the week!

Well done Badger! Seriously - there was some amazing competition - so you should be ultra impressed with yourself and also send a copy to any teachers from your schooldays who ever made disparaging remarks about you or your writing :)

I hope you'll do more writing now Badger - that you feel excited about it. You really should, if you want to of course.

In the not-quite-as-important-but-still-very-special One-handed Blogging Challenge, we have 4 winners!

Brumcunian gets a special award for having slammed every category, created a 128 character left-hand sentence, and submitted a ridiculously high and varied number of entries - I am concerned that he may find re-entry to the two-handed blogging world quite difficult.

Lavenderblue scored the highest single right-hand-only sentence, with 70 characters. Sadly lovely lavenderblue doesn't have a blog! Shock! But you can find her over at TheYellowDuckPond sometimes, or Anticant's burrow.

Drak put together a quite war-and-peace like tome of a story, a phenomenal 588 characters, plus 100 points for a meta-narrative, scoring about 10 times what I thought the maximum anyone might reach in this challenge would be.

And finally, the very dapper mr trousers, similarly a pond-dweller, and frequenter of Cas's comments, has been in fine form recently, with a stupendously long poem, which scored bonus points for actually being meaningful, rounding off a winning weekend in which he was also one of the fastest people to find the treasure on the In Search of Adam Map Treasure Hunt.

His poem, below, was one of the few entries which wouldn't make my mother blush. I am looking forward to checking out my google searches over the next few weeks.

A left-handed poem, by trousers:

A redraft was faxed
3 vast tracts
Ever crazed text

Geese were wet
Ferrets feared debt
Bears were taxed

Warsaw was afeared
Essex was scared
Crewe was stressed

A cast was wedded
Greta was bedded
Tessa was bearded

As we waved
We were arrested
Ever detested

Genius, surely?

It was all rather good (if not clean) fun, and I am thinking that blogging games are a good way to spend a rainy Sunday afternoon. I might make it a kind of a regularish kind of a thing maybe. Apologies to those who don't like wordy spelling things. Non wordy things soon I promise!

I leave you with my Left-handed Haiku:

carefree dearest few
dare grab webs as vaster sets ~
we create great art

xxx

Labels: , ,

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stray !
Thank you.........
I am amazed I wasn't overtaken.
And congratulations to Brummie and to trousers.....both quite,quite mad !
Look forward to the next one....xx

14 May, 2007 11:53  
Blogger Probably the best blog in the world said...

But how can I be mad. I'm a psychiatric nurse. haha

14 May, 2007 13:26  
Blogger sheepish said...

That was great fun, and I look forward to the next one. Congrats to the winners even though brummie obviously needs help!!!!Definitely better than Sunday night tele!!!!

14 May, 2007 13:38  
Blogger Stray said...

lavenderblue - see, now you need to get a blog to put your winners badge on!

Excellent, I shall post in advance of the next one so you can sharpen your keyboards and take a few hours to sober up ;)

Brum - I think most people working in MH professions are there to prove to themselves that it could be much much worse ...

Sheepish - Yes! Better than boring TV! Thank you for bringing an international dimension to our competition and joining in. Are the sheep good at this sort of thing?

Sx

14 May, 2007 14:45  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why thank you stray - great fun. Certainly made Sunday evening most enjoyable, if in a slightly intense kind of way...Shame I can't charge commission on the poem being published ;)

14 May, 2007 17:04  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh and doesn't drax get anything for the left-handed blogging equivalent of "Finnegan's Wake" (meant as a compliment)?

14 May, 2007 17:32  
Blogger Stray said...

what would I do without you trousers - I went off to find Drak's link earlier and completely forgot to add him in! (sorry Drak!)

I have edited. Phew!

You can have 5% of all the money I make from this blog. How's that ;)

Sx

14 May, 2007 17:41  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no, you know I couldn't accept that sort of money! I'm sure it's best to leave filthy lucre out of this :-)

14 May, 2007 18:03  
Blogger Caroline said...

I am soooooo sulking in the corner.

You need dyslexic friendly games

:(

Looks like lots of fun though.

xxx

14 May, 2007 18:07  
Blogger Stray said...

trousers, you are clearly a clothing item with principles. Or from principles. No, that would make you women's trousers and I'm sure you are boys trousers because you seem to have quite useful pockets.

Caroline, fret not, I have already thought of the next game and it does NOT involve any spelling at all. No. None. It is very much dyslexic friendly :) And I am sorry that I made a game you couldn't play. A bit like me and basketball *sigh*

Sx

14 May, 2007 18:10  
Blogger Ms Melancholy said...

You know, I kind of slunk off quietly into a corner last night, because I was embarrassed at co-creating a game that I can't actually play. Some fantastic entries, very deserving winners. Look forward to next sundays game - this could be fun, Stray x

14 May, 2007 19:19  
Blogger Ms Melancholy said...

And a fab big hand to Badger too, but I shall go over to Badger That to say it in person.

14 May, 2007 19:20  
Blogger Badger said...

Thank you lovely Stray for nominating me. :)

I feel most clever and proud. Which is a rare and new feeling to this Badger.

I am far more used to embarrassing myself, in fact only today did I fall out of my car by getting my back paw caught in the seat belt. doh!

Thank you for making me feel special. In a clever way. Not "needs" type way.

Badger x

14 May, 2007 20:02  
Blogger Stray said...

It's because you are special, young Badger. Despite not being able to get out of your mini unassisted. Ahem.

Ms M - You shouldn't have been so shy! Our co-created game was sooooo successful - you should have been there to bask in the warmth of other people having fun. But don't worry, I have a fab fab fab ideal for a game for next week! Oh yes, yes I do!

Sx

15 May, 2007 16:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home