Saturday, November 04, 2006

Fire(works) night


It's nice right now in here. Dark outside the curtainless windows, the fire is blazing and we're tucked up on our huge leather couch with blankets and hot water bottles.


Ruby, sleeping at my feet, perks up occasionally at the fireworks, but she's more irritated than afraid, barking a warning back.

The cat is pinning down my right arm, washing her front legs again, though I can't think I've seen her do a single thing today that might get her dirty. As the temperature drops the animals slowly manipulate themselves under the blankets with me, these days tolerating the proximity to each other in exchange for body heat.

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

(o)

05 November, 2006 14:42  
Blogger MB said...

Lovely description.

05 November, 2006 18:59  
Blogger Stray said...

thanks :) come on over, we're roasting chestnuts ...

05 November, 2006 21:01  

Post a Comment

<< Home