Sunday, March 18, 2007

5 things meme ...

So, way back on the 23rd of Jan 2007, Natalie of Blaugustine tagged me with a "Five Things You May Not Know About Me" meme ... and her wonderful responses are here.

So, um, yeah, after 8 weeks of procrastinating ...

1. On my 23rd birthday I climbed the Golden Gate Bridge, right to the top, accompanied by a structural engineer called Chip. Of course.

2. I have a condition known as heterochromia. This basically means I am a piebald. I have one dark brown eyebrow and one blonde one, eyelashes to match. I tan and freckle much more on one side of my face and body. I have some variation in the colour of my irises, but that's hard to spot because the eyebrows throw you off. People either notice and remark on this the very first time they meet me, or never tune in to it at all.

3. When I was a child I wanted to be a goal keeper. I also have a growth hormone disorder. The two are not compatible. Fortunately, when I was old enough to accept this kind of disappointment, my dad explained the harsh realities to me and we swapped places in front of the garage door and started working on my shooting instead. Ta dad.

4. A punk band, who I have never met, wrote and released a record about me.

5. I was a highly literate and numerate child, and very focussed on order and understanding things in their correct context, and making sure the grown ups around me did too. I once solemnly told my mother that I had the whole 'multiple births' thing sussed. One baby is a baby. Two are twins. Three are triplets. Four are quadruplets. And 5 are piglets. ... well, I wasn't that far wrong - was I?

Now I have to tag some peeps, so ... I tag ... Badger, Mad Harper and my new bestest blogging mate ... (ok, she's emailed me, twice, probably mostly out of politeness ... but she's now an international superstar of Shaggy Blog Stories fame ... so, that'll do me ... ) Ms Melancholy.

Labels: , , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Ms Melancholy said...

Thanks for the tag, Ms Stray. I also like the implicit permission to spend 8 weeks procrastinating over it. I am not usually that prompt at responding to these things.

You are indeed my new best blogging friend. I like the look of where you live, and you have a good looking dog too so I may well have moved in by the end of the month. (I take my tea with soya milk and no sugar. Thanks.)

18 March, 2007 19:42  
Blogger Stray said...

Ah, Ms M - how wonderful of you to drop by for tea! I'm all out of soya milk but I could pop round to a friend's house and squeeze their goat if you like?

I'll make up the spare room. Bring wellies, it's a bit muddy round here at the moment.

8 weeks is your deadline, and applications for an extension must be accompanied by a note from your doctor.

Ruby thanks you for noticing the effort she puts in.

Sx

18 March, 2007 19:55  
Blogger Ms Melancholy said...

8 weeks is your deadline, and applications for an extension must be accompanied by a note from your doctor.

Would a note from my mum do? I am avoiding the GP surgery these days...

18 March, 2007 20:37  
Blogger Stray said...

Sorry Ms M, but unless you can provide evidence that you're under 18, a note from your mum no longer cuts it.

If you're struggling with your assignment then please book a tutorial a couple of weeks before the deadline to discuss it.

Sx

18 March, 2007 21:04  
Blogger Ms Melancholy said...

My mum wouldn't give me a note anyway. Sink or swim is her home-spun philosophy. You have scared me. I am working on the meme right now.

xxx

18 March, 2007 21:36  
Blogger Stray said...

Ah yes. Mums That Don't Write Notes. A particular species. Lizards don't actually rear their young either - do they? (Sorry - been editing a script today of a book including a chapter on brain evolution. Can't help myself. )

I'm not actually scary. If you read my meme you'll notice the bit about the goal-keeper disappointment. I'm only 4'11''. And look about 14. So, I'm about as scary as a slightly nerdy, 90 pound year-9 kid. With glasses. And asthma. I was just trying it on. Like the dude in The Wizard of Oz.

Great news about your meme though!

Sx

18 March, 2007 22:15  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad I asked so you could come up, eventually, with these intriguing answers.
Now you'll have to elaborate, particularly about No.4 - what are the words of the song, who were the band, can we hear it?

19 March, 2007 03:53  
Blogger Stray said...

Natalie, bless you. I shall elaborate a little, but not a great deal because I don't want to blow my cover. Even though my mum and dad read my blog. It might be slightly confusing for my clients to google me and find themselves reading about my skull-munching dog and recipes for grape chutney.

So ... without revealing my name, (which of course you already know Natalie) ... the song is called "XX rocks my world" (insert my full name for the XX).

Kind of exciting eh? It also contains the lyric "You sexless freak I think I love you ... ". Twice. In each chorus.

High praise indeed!

I even had a brief email exchange with the writer, who offered to send me a pair of his used underwear, and invited me to a gig. He sent me a copy of the song, which is virtually unlistenable but apparently that's the 'style'. Apparently it's a very popular part of their live set. Which would be thrilling if it wasn't so terrifying.

Thanks for tagging me Natalie, I hadn't thought about those things in quite some time!

Sx

19 March, 2007 09:01  
Blogger Caroline said...

You are so so so cool.
Can I please come and stay too? Please. I don't need soya milk.

20 March, 2007 10:01  
Blogger Stray said...

Not sure about cool Caroline - I fear you have been misled. Did you mean cold, in which case you would be spot on as we have no heating and I am currently using my desk lamp to thaw out my hands?

If the sub-zero basics haven't put you off, of course you can come to stay! And yey for semi-skimmed!

Badger and Ms M are having a guitar hero tournament. You could come along - will you be joining in?

20 March, 2007 10:18  
Blogger Caroline said...

I am getting guitar hero for Easter. I am a bit of a singstar fiend ;-)

20 March, 2007 12:24  
Blogger Stray said...

Oooh - I didn't know non-chocolate presents were now authorised by the Easter Bunny. That's super. We shall give you a few minutes to practice and then throw you to the lions (I've heard Ms M can be a bit competitive about it).

Sx

20 March, 2007 17:06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

3m1thq The best blog you have!

02 November, 2007 07:18  

Post a Comment

<< Home