Monday, September 17, 2007

I thoroughly recommend living with a person with Tourette Syndrome ...

... or should I say a Badger with Tourette Syndrome.

I was putting away my washing this morning (oh, the excitement!) whilst Badger was getting ready for school work. It's comforting to hear Badger's little chirps and clucks and squeaks as she makes a cup of tea, though Dr But Why? did recently point out that I have started mistaking Badger's cat Frank for her, such is the quality of his impression of her echoalia ...

Anyway. I am always rather impressed by Badger's noises. She is a fantastic mimic, where I am really rather crap at whistling and squeaking in general, and far too self-conscious to even contemplate attempting to impersonate a peacock.

But something strange is happening. I have started to respond to Badger's noises in kind. It's not deliberate, and it only happens if I am engaged in something else at the time ... but I have found myself squeaking, squawking and clicking back. And this morning I chirruped! And it was really rather a good chirrup at that, and surprisingly enjoyable to do.

I feel liberated. It was like some sort of therapeutic experience that you would normally have to pay for and might involve lots of sitting in a circle earnestly listening to other people whinge share about their insecuritites, before being strong armed into pretending to be a tree / flower ... no, let's not go there.

So, thank you Badger!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Badger said...

I think it was a frank the car purr chirp you exhibited this morning. Well done, and thanks, it's never nice to be ignored and I am sure my inner squeak was delighted.


Badg x

17 September, 2007 09:29  
Blogger Jon M said...

Hehehe, a new language could be born! What would you call it?

17 September, 2007 16:07  
Blogger Caroline said...

I want to live with Badger!

:(

x

18 September, 2007 08:41  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cK1oBM The best blog you have!

02 November, 2007 10:33  

Post a Comment

<< Home