Thursday, July 20, 2006

Summer evening in Surrey


This is who I am. Tree climber. Stream jumper. Forever seven. I had forgotten. It felt so good to remember.


We walked through the dark and the cool of the woods, grateful for damp air and shadows. And back out into melted butter sun slathered over every blade and petal.


It has only recently occurred to me that people put benches where there is something to look at. If you want to know what, sit on the bench.


Nothing makes water taste better than watching Ruby drink from my bottle. Nothing. They should use her to sell the stuff.

3 Comments:

Blogger MB said...

Stray, these photos made me smile. Especially that tree—what a wonderful tree! I'd be up there, too!

21 July, 2006 01:08  
Blogger Brenda Clews said...

The butter sun did it to me... what a sumptious image!

22 July, 2006 04:42  
Blogger Stray said...

thanks MB - they made me smile too :)

it's a fab tree isn't it? That whole woods is just full of those magical trees, branches low and reaching down, inviting interaction. They beacon "come on board".

Thanks Brenda, I hope a little butter is being spread in your neck of the woods too.

x

22 July, 2006 22:18  

Post a Comment

<< Home