Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Colour tells us what to do, by Stray, age 7

If there is a new house or building near you it will probably have some electrical cables showing out. In those cables there will be two smaller cables one will be red and one will be black. The black one is neutral and the red one is live. Yo should never touch a live of red piece of wire because if someone switched on the electricity you would probably die. The wires lead to a socet a normal plug looks like this. (diag) In a socket you put a plug but in a plug is a little different it has an extra wire which is yellow and green and a fuse a fuse is a safty divice it stops all the electricity going through to the t.v.


My parents sent me this earlier today. I have a feeling the other 7 year old girls in my class might have been somewhat less interested in electrical wiring. Apparently the diagram is completely correct, down to the glass fuse with it's internal wire.

Today I am doing some Very Clever Things with recursion and making a beautiful website out of numbers.

I am still a geek, but these days I am much better paid.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Random Reflections said...

What a shame most electrical items now come with the plug sealed on or you could have had a fine career in plug fitting ahead of you. It's probably for the best though...

18 September, 2007 20:36  
Blogger Badger said...

Oh only a little Stray could have written that. :) It made me smile.
A young Badger would no doubt have written how colours tell us what day of the week it is. Monday is Red and Tuesday is Green, but then everyone knows that already. But do all 7 year olds.... ?

Badger x

18 September, 2007 20:43  
Blogger Caroline said...

Oh oh oh 'littlie' stray is so wonderful!

you may be a well paid geek, but as far as I am concerned you are my friend the well paid geek. Actually.
I think you're really really cool!
x

19 September, 2007 09:28  

Post a Comment

<< Home