Wednesday, June 28, 2006

On the John

"The virtue of uncertainty is not a comfortable idea, but then a citizen-based democracy is built upon participation, which is the very expression of permanent discomfort. The corporatist system depends upon the citizen's desire for inner comfort. Equilibrium is dependent upon our recognition of reality, which is the acceptance of permanent psychic discomfort. And the acceptance of psychic discomfort is the acceptance of consciousness."

John Ralston Saul, 1995

Read the full text here.

Perhaps, this is the key to enjoying chasing butterflies?

When I grow up, I would like to be a butterfly chaser. When I grow up, I will appear in my own self-portrait.

1 Comments:

Blogger Stray said...

goodness me! yes, I suspect I might duck ... though if it was a group photo I could force myself to take my place, to record the together.

agreeing thoroughly that butterfly chasing and floating downstream might be more uplifting passtimes than chasing letters and floating down pages :)

01 July, 2006 21:34  

Post a Comment

<< Home